What is the Smart Water Summit?
The Smart Water Summit offers an opportunity for Water Utilities from Municipalities and Rural Cooperatives across North America to connect with the industry's leading and most promising Vendors. The Summit also provides Utility Professionals an opportunity to network with their peers and share opinions, strategies and solutions for success.
Expect to participate in boardroom presentations, product/service showcases, and several networking receptions aimed at:
- Updating your industry knowledge with the latest advancements in the smart water sector
- Developing relationships amongst professionals in the field
- Fostering communication amongst utility peers and vendors
- Comparing products and services to optimize purchasing choice
How do I connect with Solution Providers at the Summit?
The Summit is designed specifically to optimize your time, making this the most productive event you have ever experienced. The agenda includes three main ways to connect with vendors.
- You will participate in intimate Boardroom Vendor Presentations with 10 to 12 of your peers, allowing you learn from Senior Executives about market-leading technologies, services and solutions. The Boardroom Presentations aim to foster relationships that strengthen your understanding and knowledge of the latest technology and product breakthroughs.
- The Summit Solutions Showcase enables productive, one-on-one meetings ideal for evaluating new technologies and conducting in-depth discussions.
- Executive Premier Presentations are interactive forums where analysts, editors, and other industry experts present the latest technology trends, market conditions, and strategies designed to further enhance your knowledge regarding Utility Modernization, as well as addressing specific issues facing the industry today.
- In addition, a series of dynamic social and networking activities are designed to solidify new business relationships and give you the forum you need for productive conversations.
Who is invited to the Summit?
The Summit's invitation-only list is comprised of 100+ Water Utility Professionals from Municipal, Rural Electric Distribution, and Investor Owned Utilities from across North America. Utility decision-makers are considered for one of the Summit's exclusive seats based on several criteria: customer base, market influence, and breadth of service, to name a few. The final guest list consists of Utility Executives who are leaders in their respective regions and markets who seek progressive, forward-thinking solutions.
What is expected of a Utility Attendee?
You are expected to attend ALL Summit agenda items: Boardroom Vendor Presentations, Solutions/Product Showcases, Meals, Seminars, Panels, and Social/Networking functions. We also ask that you complete all survey materials. We encourage you to participate in discussions, provide feedback to vendors and peers, and gain product knowledge and information to bring back to your Utility.
Why attend the Summit if I already connect with vendors?
At SWS, you have the opportunity to meet with 45+ industry leading vendors in less than three days! You will have access to the latest technology breakthroughs and benefit from new product announcements that are helping to shape the future of the Industry. Plus, you will have the opportunity to network with your peers from across North America.
What is the cost to attend the Summit?
Perhaps one of the best perks of SUS: our "VIP Utility Attendees" attend at OUR expense. The Summit will cover your transportation, luxury resort accommodations, and exquisite meals! Even your airfare will be reimbursed.
How will my time be scheduled at the Summit?
The Summit has been organized for maximum productivity, offering a full schedule of business and networking activities throughout each day and evening with regular breaks to allow you to connect with your office and check emails. Take a look at our sample agenda here.
Would you invite a colleague or vendor I recommend?
Absolutely! If you know anyone who would benefit from attending the Smart Utility Summit, we would love to invite them. Help spread the word to fellow Utility Executives and/or Solution Providers, and earn a chance to win a $50 gift card! Submit your referral here.
Presentations and Keynotes at the Summit vary as technologies/regulations advance over time, but the most-discussed technologies and products are as listed below. Attend the Summit to learn about these topics, and more!
Work Management Systems
Enterprise Asset Management Systems
App/Mobile Customer Payment Systems
Asset Inspections & Maintenance
Distributions Systems Rehabilitation
Underground Construction Technologies
Pipe Blockage Tools & Equipment
Remote Shutoff Meters
Reclaimed Water technology
Pressure Zone Metering
Content Management Systems
"Best conference hands down with the most interactive experience with vendors. The best learning experience I have ever been to."
- Jill Shelton, City for Bandera
"Great format with each vendor and their 25 minutes. It was just enough time for them to hit the highlights of what they have to offer but not too long so it drags out."
- Ben Sigloh, City of Redmond
"It was a great opportunity to not only learn of the latest technologies but also discuss the status of projects with other utility attendees."
-Matt McLaughlin, Independence MO Water
"It was great to get a quick snapshot of what technologies are available today without sitting with a vendor for 1.5 hours each to do a demo. It was even greater to use those snapshots to understand how other utilities are using the technology."
-Melissa Grove, Aurora Water
"The presentations, vendors, and the information they provided was great. The information and networking from the conference will help our office in making changes to our aging infrastructure and protect our communities."
-Ethan Schuth, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
"What a great opportunity to learn of the new technologies and products that are available to the water and wastewater industries... without the pressure of an overzealous salesman."
-Scott Taylor, City of St. George
"This summit enables attendees to gain exposure to many industry experts and vendors in a single forum. Attendees have the opportunity to become acquainted with various technologies or products at a high level or dig into the nitty-gritty details in areas that peak the utilities interests."
-Raymond Hoppenworth, City of Lakeland Water Utilities
"Learning of and about new products and products to look for helps us to become a forward thinking and smarter utility, this is what the Smart Water Summit offers."
- James Munster, Fayette County Water System
Still have questions about participating in the Summit?
Contact Brigette Gleason at email@example.com or +1 678-258-9431.